Want to save some money?
Here are a couple tips that can lower your RV Insurance Rates:
1) Get married! Yes, you read right. When you tie the knot don't just update your Facebook status...Call your agent too. According to the underwriters, people who are married are generally a safer risk because studies have shown that they can be considered more responsible drivers in general than drivers who are unmarried.
2) Clean up your credit! Did you know in most, but not all states, underwriters can use your credit history as a factor in determining your rates. Underwriters say studies show (there's those studies again) poor credit history is seen as an indicator that someone might be unlikely to pay their premiums, and the increase in premium reflects this risk. However, if your credit history improves drastically, you may see a decrease in your premium. Check your credit.
3) Drive better....Well....at least get trained to. Did you know most RV specialty underwriters offer up to a 5% discount for successfully completing an approved safe driving course? What qualifies? Here are a couple programs on the list: AAA Driver Improvement Program, Lazy Days RV Driver Confidence Course, Smith Systems 8h Driving Improvement Program. (If you need a complete list just let us know.).
4) Join FMCA (or another major RV association) This is a 5 percenter too. Though this and the safe driver discount are generally an either or situation. The most you will likely see for both is a total of 5% not 5% each. (Again if you would like a full list of the approved RV associations let us know.)
5) Location matters! Do your homework (aka Ask your agent). Some underwriters rate by garaging location whereas other rate by registration. This can not only play a huge role in your premiums but will also impact the laws that will govern your policy and the coverages available.
Each RV insurance company has its own formula for determining how such factors affect policy premiums causing your rates to vary from one underwriter to another, even for the same coverage. This is a key reason why it's so important to have an RV expert guide you through the available packages.
It's easy to save money with Twin Peaks RV insurance.
Our RV specialists are standing by and work service not commission based, just another way to help ensure you are getting the best program at the most competitive rates. Our online tools are available 24 hours a day for your convenience. Contact Twin Peaks RV Insurance today toll free at 800-507-8467 for your free review.
Nationwide RV Specialist